National Men’s Shed Awards
The National Men’s Shed Awards give the Men’s Shed network an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work of Men’s Sheds around Australia.
Nominations fall into five (5) categories:
- Unique fundraising activity – most sheds undertake fundraising activities (Bunnings BBQ’s, market stalls etc), what’s the most unique fundraising activity your shed has seen?
- Unusual shed activity – Men’s Sheds are not just about wood work and metal work.
- Best shed garden – does your shed have an impressive flower or produce garden?
- Outstanding recycling/up-cycling activity – shedders are all about recycling, what does your shed do?
- Shed of the year – do you love the time spent at your shed enough to nominate it for the best shed in Australia?
Nominations are reviewed by the National Men’s Shed Awards Committee – comprised of at least one AMSA employee, AMSA Board representative and AMSA member shed representative. Award winners are announced at the National Men’s Shed Conference biannually.
2019 Men’s Shed Awards
The recipients of the Australian Men’s Shed Association’s National Men’s Shed Awards were announced as part of the 8th National Men’s Shed Conference in Adelaide, South Australia.
Shed of the Year | Buderim Men’s Shed (QLD)
Outstanding Recycling/Upcycling Activity | Stanhope & District Men’s Shed (VIC)
Unusual Shed Activity | Carina Men’s Shed (QLD)
Unique Fundraising Activity | Tuggeranong Men’s Shed (ACT)
Best Shed Garden | Murraylands Community Men’s Shed (SA)