National Service Provider
AMSA are supporting over 1,200 Men’s Sheds in Australia. AMSA provides practical support and assistance, promotes the Men’s Shed movement to corporate and community partners, and advocates to government and health organisations on behalf of thousands of Australian men.
Through strategic partnerships and diverse national initiatives, AMSA aims to improve the health and wellbeing of Men’s Shed members and reduce the number of men who are at risk from preventable health issues that emanate from social isolation. AMSA is one of Australia’s largest community development organisations.
The Australian Men’s Shed Association is constituted as a membership organisation. As part of our objectives, membership is for the purpose of bringing the Men’s Shed network together and creating a community to benefit as a whole. In the past we have charged a nominal fee but are now in a position to remove the charge for membership, making it free to all eligible groups. By being registered with AMSA, your Men’s Shed is part of an internationally recognised Association.
Benefits of membership
AMSA aims to work with the Men’s Shed community, stakeholders and corporate, health and community partners to enhance the Men’s Shed movement for the benefit of Australian men. We are supported by the Australian Federal Government and partners to deliver exceptional services and programs to Men’s Sheds to build a thriving and sustainable national movement. Representing Men’s Sheds across all levels of government and to the corporate and health sectors, AMSA acts as a collective voice for Men’s Sheds and participating shedders – nationally and internationally.
Who is eligible?
AMSA has defined a Men’s Shed for the purpose of describing eligibility of membership as well as for the protection of the “Men’s Shed” brand.
The definition of a Men’s Shed is detailed in the AMSA Membership By-Laws.
What do members get?
- Ongoing shed management support and advice from a team of experts – over the phone and online, five days a week
- Access to a growing suite of free tools, resources and solutions to enhance your shed operations and members’ shed experience
- Listing on our online shed locator, used daily for donations, membership enquiries and much more
- Access to donations of goods and services from corporate partners and sponsors
- Information and community news via the members’ bulletin & quarterly newsletter
- Access to the wider Men’s Shed network via events and consultation
- Access to premium ‘shed-specific’ insurance coverage through the AMSA Group Insurance Scheme
Other benefits are offered from time to time, such as members-only events and services or access to third party services that AMSA has secured for members.
Members will also be the first to receive important news or updates from AMSA and associated stakeholders and partners. Your Men’s Shed may cancel membership at any time. Simply contact us in writing at email@example.com or:
Australian Men’s Shed Association
The Junction NSW 2291