Supporting Our Sheds
Regional coordinators provide support to men’s sheds in each state and territory in Australia to support men’s access to health information and resources to improve their wellbeing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with Shed Support for NSW/ACT or SA/NT. Contact your State Association for regional coordinators in other states.
Regional Coordinator Initiative
Regional coordinators will help men’s sheds to connect with local health services.
What are the goals of the initiative?
The goals of the regional coordinators initiative are to:
- help men’s sheds to connect with local health services
- promote health events aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of men’s sheds members across the country
- This role provides a vital link to health information and access to resources to improve men’s health and wellbeing.
How will these goals be met?
Regional coordinators will:
- identify critical health needs for men’s sheds across regions in each state and territory
- give men’s shed members access to health and wellbeing information and resources to meet their needs
- promote the benefits of men’s shed activities
- promote the National Shed Development Programme
- form partnerships with health providers
- help men’s sheds to organise and promote regional health events to benefit men and their communities
- make sure grant information and applications are available to men’s sheds