Aims of AMSA
The objectives of the Association are:
- Implement a national compliance standard for Men’s Sheds.
- Provide practical support for existing Men’s Sheds and assistance in the development of new Men’s Sheds.
- Provide insurance services specifically tailored for the Men’s Shed environment including Public and Product Liability, Contents and Building Insurance at affordable rates.
- Provide usable Men’s Shed specific Health & Safety and Risk Management systems plus training support.
- Represent all Men’s Sheds and their members in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Publicize and promote the Men’s Shed concept.
- Act as a collective body to source commercial sponsorship and secure Government commitment for the ongoing support of Men’s Sheds.
- Organize and conduct the National Conference on a bi-annual basis.
- Promote Men’s health programs within Men’s Sheds.
- Encourage Social Inclusion by assisting communities to develop Men’s Sheds and foster their self-sustaining capacity.
- Highlight the need for meaningful activities to be available for males within their communities.
- Engage relevant bodies to achieve the purpose and outcomes of the broader Men’s Sheds community.
- Maintain communications between members through the national newsletter, news bulletins and website.
- Identify and nurture innovative ideas and activities into the Men’s Sheds environment.
- Promote and develop activities for men within communities.
- The Association will not have any direct control or responsibility for any individual ‘Men’s Sheds’.