They say variety is the spice of life – so how can you add some spice to your next Men’s Shed event? AMSA’s Events Coordinator Marty shares his top 5 interesting additions for your next Men’s Shed.
- Call in a caricaturist! People love having a laugh at themselves, Caricatures are always good for that!
- That’s Entertainment! Music always creates great atmosphere See if there is a local Barber Shop Quartet or Choir that may want to belt out a few tunes! Other ideas could be a Bush Poet, Shed Band, or local busker.
- Have a ‘Crazy Hat Competition’ and invite shedders to enter and parade their designs for the chance to win a Bunnings Voucher!
- Get your Snags On!! Sheds are synonymous for their sausage sangas, why not ask the local butcher to come and do a sausage and/or salami making demonstration. Could be a new shed activity?!
- Get active! Invite someone to come and do a demonstration that encourages audience participation, such as Yoga, Heart-moves, Tai Chi, or even…. The Wiggles!
What interesting activities or demonstrations have you seen at a Men’s Shed event?