About our shed
The Men's Shed in Pomona is a venue for the men of the Pomona and surrounding areas to gather in a safe and friendly meeting place. Currently we have various activities available for our members to work on if they so desire or just come in for a friendly chat or cup of coffee.
The Men’s Shed Pomona provides a friendly place for people to mix in a diverse range of activities.
Our general objectives in providing this are as wide as the interest of our members, but in some defining of what we set out to achieve, the formal mission or objectives are.
- Manual arts ( wood working, metal work)
- Creative arts (sculpture, pottery, painting)
- Intellectual activities (discussion groups, lectures)
- Community Contributions (assisting the community and involvement)
Our values are build around respect for each other, respect for the shed and its amenities.
Developing ourselves in the company of other good men.
To enjoy life and find fulfilment in the many forms that can do that.
- Honesty and integrity in all our activities
- Responsive to the need of other members
- Acting in a safe and non intrusive way in our activities around other members.
- Respect for the volunteer committee members, instructors and supervisors
- Appreciation of the contribution by partners, sponsors and community groups.
- Responsiblity and generosity in giving back to the community
- Sincerity to improve mens health and wellbing among ourselfs and the community
Current activities are :Wood working, Metal working, potter wheel and a plant nursery.
Find another shed in your area
— "I've found a great group of mates"
Mateship is an important pillar of every Men’s Shed – first and foremost the shed is a place for men to knock about with a group of like-minded mates.
— “I give back to the community”
Men’s Sheds are vital community investments delivering programmes and activities that foster community spirit and contribute to building a more inclusive Australia.
Health & Wellbeing
— “My health and wellbeing is better because I'm a Shedder”
Many shedders experience improved mental health outcomes. Men (and women) involved at their local Shed report increased self-esteem through participation and learning new skills; de-stigmatisation of experiencing mental health and de-stigmatisation of prevalent social issues related to mental health.
The Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) is the national service provider supporting more than 1,200 Men’s, Women’s and Community Sheds and is recognised as one of Australia’s largest male-based community development organisations.
AMSA was established in 2007 by a collection of Australian independent community-based Men’s Sheds to represent, support and promote the Men’s Shed movement. It was founded on the principle of sharing information between sheds and those communities wishing to establish and operate a Men’s Shed. It acts as a central hub for information exchange.
Facts & Figures
Men’s Sheds across Australia (that's more Men's Sheds than Macca's restaurants!)
More than 2,500 Men's Sheds operate in 12 countries
The first Men's Shed was established in 1993 (Goolwa, South Australia)
More than 50,000 Australian men participate in Men's Sheds