About our shed
The Indooroopilly Men's Shed is open to any men aged 18 years or older who would like to connect with other members of their community. We offer a wide range of activities, from woodwork and bike repair through to book club, computer use and discussion groups.
The Shed's objects are to:
- Advance the health and well-being of members.
- Promote men's health programs.
- Identify and nurture innovative ideas and activities for men.
- Encourage men with widely varying skills.
- Pursue hobbies, pastimes and interests.
- Learn new skills and practice and pass on old skills.
- Learn about their own and other men's health and well-being.
- By their efforts contribute to their families, their friends, the Shed and the wider community.
- Mentor younger men.
- Promote members' empathy for fellow men. Enhance personal and group self-esteem and pride in accomplishments.
- Foster members' interest in and assistance to the local community.
Bicycle Maintenance, Book Club, Computers, Drawing, Guest Speakers, Talking Books & Discussion Groups, Ukulele, Walking-Indoor & Outdoor, Woodturning, Woodworking, Yoga
Phone0419 686 449
Proudly supported by
Thank you to our partners and supporters that help us provide offers, programs and assistance to Australian Men’s Sheds. Read more about our partners and supporters.
Find another shed in your area
— "I've found a great group of mates"
Mateship is an important pillar of every Men’s Shed – first and foremost the shed is a place for men to knock about with a group of like-minded mates.
— “I give back to the community”
Men’s Sheds are vital community investments delivering programmes and activities that foster community spirit and contribute to building a more inclusive Australia.
Health & Wellbeing
— “My health and wellbeing is better because I'm a Shedder”
Many shedders experience improved mental health outcomes. Men (and women) involved at their local Shed report increased self-esteem through participation and learning new skills; de-stigmatisation of experiencing mental health and de-stigmatisation of prevalent social issues related to mental health.
The Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) is the national service provider supporting more than 1,200 Men’s, Women’s and Community Sheds and is recognised as one of Australia’s largest male-based community development organisations.
AMSA was established in 2007 by a collection of Australian independent community-based Men’s Sheds to represent, support and promote the Men’s Shed movement. It was founded on the principle of sharing information between sheds and those communities wishing to establish and operate a Men’s Shed. It acts as a central hub for information exchange.
Facts & Figures
Men’s Sheds across Australia (that's more Men's Sheds than Macca's restaurants!)
More than 2,500 Men's Sheds operate in 12 countries
The first Men's Shed was established in 1993 (Goolwa, South Australia)
More than 50,000 Australian men participate in Men's Sheds