Nominations now open for Member-Elected Directors on the AMSA Board: QLD, VIC and WA
In order to comply with the AMSA Constitution the Board must comprise Member-Elected Directors from at least six regions, in addition to Board Appointed Directors.
Three positions are open for member election to be appointed at the 2020 AMSA AGM.
This year’s election is calling for nominations for Member-Elected Directors based in the regions of:
- Western Australia
Members of AMSA member Men’s Sheds in these regions are invited to nominate, providing they meet the eligibility requirements.
In order to be eligible as a Member-Elected Director on the AMSA Board, a candidate must:
- reside in the region for election
- have been a Shedder for 12 months or more
- been a member of an AMSA member Men’s Shed, where that Men’s Shed has been an AMSA member for 12 months or more, and is also located in the region for election
- must be nominated by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- must be seconded by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- must be eligible to be a Director under the Corporations Act.
4 August 2020 Nominations from regions to be elected open
2 October 2020 Last date for nominations to be lodged to Company Secretary
15 October 2020 Notification to AMSA members of all candidates
20 October 2020 Commencement of election period, if required
(not required where only one candidate)
December 2020 Finalisation of election, all votes to be lodged to Company Secretary
December 2020 Announcement at AGM of Elected Directors
To submit your nomination as Member-Elected Director, please complete the Member-Elected Director Board Nomination Form 2020 and return to:
Australian Men’s Shed Association
PO Box 739
THE JUNCTION NSW 2291
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with attention to Chairman Paul Sladdin.
Click here to download the Board Nomination Form 2020