Nominations for Member-Elected Directors now open
3 August 2021
In order to comply with the AMSA Constitution the Board must comprise Member-Elected Directors from at least six regions, in addition to Board Appointed Directors.
Three positions will open for member election to be appointed at the 2021 AMSA AGM.
This year’s election is calling for nominations for Member-Elected Directors based in the regions of:
- New South Wales/Australian Capital Territory
- South Australia/Northern Territory
Members of AMSA member Men’s Sheds in these regions are invited to nominate, providing they meet the eligibility requirements.
In order to be eligible as a Member-Elected Director on the AMSA Board, a candidate must:
- Reside in the region for election
- Have been a Shedder for 12 months or more
- Been a member of an AMSA member Men’s Shed, where that Men’s Shed has been an AMSA member for 12 months or more, and is also located in the region for election
- Must be nominated by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- Must be seconded by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- Must be eligible to be a Director under the Corporations Act.
3 August 2021 Nominations from regions to be elected open
1 October 2021 Last date for nominations to be lodged to Company Secretary
14 October 2021 Notification to AMSA members of all candidates
19 October 2021 Commencement of election period, if required *Not required where only one candidate
30 November 2021 Finalisation of election, all votes to be lodged to Company Secretary
December 2021 Announcement at AGM of Elected Directors
To submit your nomination as Member-Elected Director, please complete the Member-Elected Director Nomination Form and return to:
Australian Men’s Shed Association
PO Box 739
THE JUNCTION NSW 2291
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Chairman Paul Sladdin.