Nominations for Member-Elected Directors on the AMSA Board – Victoria, Queensland & Western Australia
At the most recent Board meeting, the AMSA Board identified three positions open for member election to be appointed at this year’s AGM on 20 September 2018.
In order to comply with the AMSA Constitution the Board must comprise of Member-Elected Directors from three regions, in addition to Board Appointed Directors. This year’s election is calling for nominations for Member-Elected Directors based in the regions of Victoria, Queensland & Western Australia. Members of AMSA member Men’s Sheds in these regions are invited to nominate, providing they meet the eligibility requirements.
In order to be eligible as a Member-Elected Director on the AMSA Board, a candidate must:
- Reside in the region for election
- Have been a Shedder for 12 months or more
- Been a member of an AMSA member Men’s Shed, where that Men’s Shed has been an AMSA member for 12 months or more, and is also located in the region for election
- Must be nominated by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- Must be seconded by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- Must be eligible to be a Director under the Corporations Act.
|22 July 2018||Nominations from regions to be elected open|
|11 August 2018||Last date for nominations to be lodged to Company Secretary|
|21 August 2018||Notification to AMSA members of all candidates|
|6 September 2018||Commencement of election period, if required
Not required where only one candidate
|18 September 2018||Finalisation of election, all votes to be lodged to Company Secretary|
|20 September 2018||Announcement at AGM of Elected Directors|
To submit your nomination as Member-Elected Director, please complete the Member-Elected Director Nomination Form (click here to download) and return to:
Australian Men’s Shed Association
PO Box 793
THE JUNCTION NSW 2291
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Chairman Paul Sladdin.