Nominations for Member-Elected Directors on the AMSA Board: NSW/ACT, TAS & NT/SA
At the most recent Board meeting, the AMSA Board identified three positions open for member election to be appointed at the 2019 AMSA AGM.
In order to comply with the AMSA Constitution the Board must comprise of Member-Elected Directors from at least three regions, in addition to Board Appointed Directors. This year’s election is calling for nominations for Member-Elected Directors based in the regions of:
- New South Wales/Australian Capital Territory
- Northern Territory/South Australia
Members of AMSA member Men’s Sheds in these regions are invited to nominate, providing they meet the eligibility requirements.
In order to be eligible as a Member-Elected Director on the AMSA Board, a candidate must:
- Reside in the region for election
- Have been a Shedder for 12 months or more
- Been a member of an AMSA member Men’s Shed, where that Men’s Shed has been an AMSA member for 12 months or more, and is also located in the region for election
- Must be nominated by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- Must be seconded by an AMSA member Men’s Shed
- Must be eligible to be a Director under the Corporations Act.
|3 June 2019||Nominations from regions to be elected open|
|31 July 2019||Last date for nominations to be lodged to Company Secretary|
|14 August 2019||Notification to AMSA members of all candidates|
|26 August 2019||Commencement of election period, if required
Not required where only one candidate
|October 2019||Finalisation of election, all votes to be lodged to Company Secretary|
|October 2019||Announcement at AGM of Elected Directors|
To submit your nomination as Member-Elected Director, please complete the Member-Elected Director Nomination Form and return to:
Australian Men’s Shed Association
PO Box 739
THE JUNCTION NSW 2293
Please direct any questions to email@example.com, attention to Relieving Chairman John Sharples.
Click here to download the Board Nominations Information Sheet.