National Shed Development Programme Round 20 Now Open
Round 20 is now open (Monday 3 February 2020) and will close on Monday 9 March 2020. Men’s Sheds will have five weeks to prepare and lodge their application, with a total funding pool of $500,000 available for distribution.
Round 20 of the NSDP will specifically prioritise regions currently experiencing drought and/or areas/communities affected by bushfire. Round 20 priorities will also include:
- Requests that address health and wellbeing and events
- Men’s Sheds in areas of greatest need with particular emphasis on regional, rural and remote communities including drought affected communities and bushfire affected communities
- Men’s Sheds that have membership from the 12 priority groups and
- Applicants that have not previously received NSDP funding and can demonstrate need.
AMSA manages the Australian Government Department of Health National Shed Development Programme (NSDP) on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health. To date a total of $5,681,285.30 (GST excl.) has been provided to assist new and existing Sheds. Under the NSDP, the Australian Government will allocate $1,000,000 (GST excl.) in the 2019/2020 financial year. There will be two funding rounds each allocated $500,000 (excl. GST).
The NSDP provides direct financial assistance to:
- assist to address the health and wellbeing of the Shed members
- support health improvements through a focus on the social determinants of health through national activities in relation to key population groups such as men
- deliver appropriate activities and programmes improve facilities and the sustainability of Men’s Sheds across Australia.
The NSDP R20 Application Form and supporting documentation is available on the AMSA website at https://mensshed.org/development-grants/.
For all enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 550 009.