Can Victorian Sheds re-open? Updated advice 12 November 2020
Welcome news for Sheds as per the latest advice from the Victorian Government.
Under Third Step restrictions, community services and local government facilities in Victoria can operate as follows:
- It is recommended that Sheds refer to: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/community-services-third-step
- Sheds must have a COVIDSafe Plan in place before re-opening: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/covidsafe-plan
- Men’s Shed facilities can open for up to 20 people. However no more than 10 people can gather in a space (e.g. for a class, meeting) subject to one per 4m2
- Shedders are reminded that they can have a gathering of members outside the Shed of no more than 10 people
- Signs, posters and templates are available: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/signs-posters-and-templates
- Directions will continue to be enforced through spot checks by Victoria Police and use of emergency powers by Authorised Officers to ensure compliance with the Public Health Directions
- From 11 October all Victorians must wear a fitted face mask when they leave home, no matter where they live.