Australian Government’s Powering Communities Program
Australian Government’s Powering Communities Program – for local energy saving projects – this initiative aims to help community organisations reduce their energy costs.
To be eligible you must be invited by your MP to apply and your project must:
- be a small project to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy use
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $5,000 in eligible expenditure.
A community consultation committee will assess the applications against eligibility criteria.
The objectives of the program are to assist not-for-profit community organisations to:
- upgrade equipment to reduce energy consumption
- undertake energy management activities and assessments, such as energy systems assessments and feasibility studies
- invest in energy monitoring and management systems
- invest in on-site renewable energy and solar-connected batteries.
The maximum grant amount is $12,000 and the minimum is $5,000 and you must complete your project by 30 June 2022.
If you would like information and advice on the EOI process, please contact your local Federal MP.
Program Guidelines Powering Communities Program Grant opportunity guidelines PDF
For more information please go tohttps://business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/powering-communities-program