- Home /
- Shed Support
A diverse range of services are provided by AMSA to Men’s Sheds and membership to the Association is for all services excluding membership that includes our discounted Group Public Liability Insurance Scheme. A Men’s Shed wishing to join the Public Liability Group policy MUST be registered with the AMSA and MUST be incorporated.
By being registered with AMSA your Men’s Shed will become a part of our well recognised network committed to improving the wellbeing and health of men while contributing to their communities, enhancing your profile and ability to be recognised at all levels of government and by corporations.
The Australian Men’s Shed Association is funded by the Federal Department of Health to provide practical support and a wide range of services to Men’s Sheds:
- Access to support from professional staff (Membership Management, Insurance, Community Engagement, Shed Development, Health and Special Projects)
- Advice, support and requests for information via our 1300 550 009 support line, direct contact with staff or the on line enquiry form
- The Interactive ‘How to Set up and Run Men’s Shed’ manual (available online)
- A wide range of resources
- Shed Development funding through a competitive grants programme
- SMART Programme- a Shed administrative tool (available online), this has been especially developed for Men’s Sheds to assist with day to day administration, membership management and risk management; ongoing upgrades will be supplied
- Offers of materials and other goods and services that are offered to AMSA.
- Support and special programs in partnership with our Men’s Health and corporate partners
AMSA aims to support your Men’s Shed through every stage of development.
AMSA welcomes your Men’s Shed to register and be a part of our network.
Registration enables AMSA to put your details on the website Shed Locator, keep you up to date with all Men’s Shed events and information through email and newsletters.