- Home /
- National Men’s Shed Conferences
National Men’s Shed Conferences
17 – 20 October 2015 | Civic Precinct Newcastle
The Conference Committee are seeking submissions from members of the Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) or other interested parties to present during the Australian Men’s Shed Association 6th National Conference, to be held from 19 – 20 October 2015 at Civic Precinct Newcastle.
The main steams residing under the general conference theme; Innovation include:
- Innovations in Shed Sustainability new and unique approaches to making a sustainable Men’s Shed
- Innovations in Marketing a Men’s Shed – a perspective on raising the profile of a Men’s Shed
- Innovative Health Measure – looking at preventative strategy and delivery
- Rural Sheds as Community Hubs
- Innovations in Shed activities, looking and the new difference and sometimes bizarre world of Men’s Shed projects
- International Shed, the spread of a phenomena
- Academic presentations, what’s new in the world of the researched and what has Men’s Shed research taught us
- Open subjects, if your submission does not fit into one of the above we would sitll like to consider it, be innovative
Call for Presentations / Gizmos
Wanting to present at the 2015 Men’s Shed Conference?
Please click the links below for more detail.
Accepted paper submissions will be allocated 10 minutes in the conference program. Please submit a brief overview of what you would like to discuss a the conference (200 words or less). Unfortunately time constraints mean everyone who submits a paper may not be able to present.
- Workshops will be allocated 45 minutes within the conference program
- All workshop submissions must include:
- Discussion of workshop content (maximum 150 words)
- Noted learning objectives (if applicable)
- Workshop submissions need to have an assigned Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for collating and submitting all material for the workshop and is the main point of contact for all communication with the Conference Secretariat
- The Coordinator will complete the workshop application form on the website, provide names, contact details and short biographies for all presenters
- Each workshop should have a maximum of three presenters who will each speak for 12 minutes, followed by 9 minutes of discussion and questions
- The conference program committee will be responsible for reviewing all workshop submissions and will make the final decision regarding their inclusion in the program
Download a copy of the 6th National Conference Sponsorship Prospectus.
For further information contact:
AMSA 2015 Conference Secretariat